I have two challenges for you today. Over at Gingersnap Creations I'm hosting the color challenge this month. If you haven't already guessed the colors are red, white and blue.
I wanted to think outside the box and make a non-patriotic card. It turned out like a Valentines card (hmmm - wrong season!), but I like it anyway and will probably use it for my wedding anniversary in August. It uses a stamp from our Manufacturer in the Spotlight, Oxford Impressions.
The second card is for the Crafty Creations Challenge, where the theme this week is gardens. It uses Morning Soft, a retiring stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I'm sorry to see go.
I encourage you to stretch yourself and try these challenges. They are lots of fun - happy creating!
- Stamps: Beloved (Oxford Impressions)
- Paper: Not Quite Navy (SU), Vintage Cream (PTI), handmade white paper, Bingo Card by Jenni Bowlin Studios, 'love' from vintage dictionary page
- Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU)
- Accessories: Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon (SU), pearls (Melissa Frances)
- Tools: brayer
Morning Glory Card (all supplies by Stampin' Up!)
- Stamps: Morning Soft
- Paper: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Certainly Celery & watercolor paper
- Ink: Stazon, reinkers: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, So Saffron)
- Accessories: Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon, flat pearls from Pretties Kit
- Tools: Paper piercing kit, sponge