Happy weekend! For this week's Sweet and Simple card, I used this sweet A Muse car image. A Muse stamps are perfect for this kind of card. This week's challenge on the Creative Belli Blog is to make a project with wheels, so the car fit perfectly.
While making the card, I started thinking about some tips for making clean and simple cards. What struck me is that they are definitely less forgiving than more layered and detailed cards. They take less time to make than most cards, but it's definitely worth taking five extra minutes to make sure that it is finished nicely.
If you water color an image, you can rework it and disguise any mistakes you make more easily. Or on a layered card, you can tie a huge bow or put a big button over a nasty smudge and it will look great. Not so for these type of cards. Here are a few tips, which are probably pretty obvious, but I'll share anyway:
- Use a stamp positioner, such as a Stamp-a-ma-jig, to position your images correctly.
- Keep your work area clean: put down fresh scratch paper for each card and put the lids on ink pads once you're finished with them.
- Have baby wipes close at hand to clean inky fingers.
- If coloring a small image, use the fine tip of your marker, small paint brush or sharp pencils.
- Use grid paper or a ruler to ensure your images are adhered straight.
Just a few thoughts....Enjoy your weekend and come visit again soon!
Stamps: Car Load (A muse Artstamps)
Paper: White c/stock (PTI), Basic Black c/stock (SU), Bitty Dot Basics (PTI)
Ink: Stazon and Copic Markers
Accessories: Silver eyelets, gingham ribbon (SU)