Friday's Flourishes Focus challenge was to make a card or project inspired by a beautiful peacock feather. I wanted to make a card for a swap hostess (naming no names because she hasn't received them yet), so decided to use this as my inspiration. I also combined it with this week's Our Creative Corner challenge which was to use one of your favorite embellishments.
There's not much stamping on this card because the flower is the focal point - can't miss it really! I jazzed up the flower with some celery Shimmerz, but it didn't need much else. The script and "thanks" in the flower center are from Flourishes' Thank You set. And check out that ribbon. It's the new Valet ribbon from SU - it's a gorgeous!
Check out what the talented ladies at Flourishes came up with for this challenge here.
- Stamps: Thank You (Flourishes)
- Paper: very vanilla and basic black c/stock (SU), gold c/stock (unknown)
- Ink: tempting turquoise and basic black ink (SU), celery Shimmerz
- Accessories: Valet ribbon (SU), Tiger Lily silk flowers (Imaginisce)
- Tools: Big Shot, Cuttlebug embossing folder, 3/4" circle punch