I finally found time to play with this new set - Rustic Rooster. It's a Level 2 hostess set in the new Stampin' Up! catalog. I love it - I wish SU made more stamps in this style.
- I stamped several images (those that appear white) with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- I sponged various colors of dye ink onto vanilla c/stock and overs tamped more images in those same colors. (The clear embossed areas resisted the ink).
- The clear embossing powder was removed by placing a piece of copy paper over the top and heating with an iron.
- Finally, the rooster was stamped on top with black Stazon and the edges sponged with more of the same colors.
- Stamps: Rustic Rooster
- C/stock: close to cocoa & really rust textured, very vanilla, chocolate chip, patterned paper by My Mind's Eye.
- Ink: more mustard, riding hood red, chocolate chip, really rust, black Stazon, Versamark
- Accessories: vintage eyelets, twill tape, clear embossing powder
- Tools: heat gun, cropadile, photo corner punch, iron, sponge