I have to tell you I was surprised when Stampin' Up! began offering Rub-ons. I hadn't worked with them a lot before, so it was new territory to me. So, I bought myself a package, sat at my desk and played! And guess what? I LOVE THEM! They are very versatile and super easy to use. Each package contains two large sheets choc-a-block with images, one with white images and one with black. You can check them out on page 182 of the Spring/Summer 2008 Collection.
Here are a few things I love about them:
- They provide crisp and detailed images.
- You can use them surfaces that are difficult to stamp on.
- They coordinate with other Stampin' Up! products lines, which gives projects the cohesive look we expect from SU.
Here are some of the surfaces I adhered the Rub-Ons to and they turned out great:
- Acetate/window sheets
- Textured card stock
- Embossed images
- Regular stamped images
- Grosgrain ribbon
- Patterned paper
Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of how they look (click on thumbnails for larger view):
Candle, tin and textured c/stock
Did I mention they were easy to use? There are 3 basic steps:
- Cut out image you want to use, including backing sheet.
- Carefully peel off back sheet and place rub-on onto your project.
- Using the popsicle stick provided, rub firmly and evenly over image. Carefully lift away transfer sheet.
And the best news of all, you can earn a FREE PACKAGE OF RUB-ONS during Sale-A-Bration. Check out all the details here.
Here's a finished project I made with Rub-Ons - you can see them on the neck of the bottle.
- Stamps: None
- Paper: Berry Bliss patterned paper, Close to Cocoa Textured c/stock
- Accessories: wide choc chip grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons, Flower Fusion felt flowers.
Come back soon to see more projects using Rub-Ons.